What's In Kaiden's Kitchen?

My photo
Kaiden's mommy :)

I'm a 21 year old aspiring cook show host. My son is 6 months old, so of course he owns the house and tells me when I'm allowed to cook, so what better name for my blog then Kaiden's Kitchen? I love to cook, mostly from scratch, just making things up as I go. I plan to attend culinary school in the near future. Hope you think my food is yummy :)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Slow Roast Pork

This is currently cooking in the oven, don't know how it's going to turn out but this is what I did.

Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit

In a small pot take one cup sugar half a cup of water over medium heat add half cup honey and half a cup of maple syrup until it's all melted

On the roast sprinkle the roast with Worcestershire sauce on all sides and let it soak in, and then pour the melted sugar mixture onto.

Next add to the pan some apple cider about a cup and about 1/3 a cup of apple cider vinegar.

Put it in the oven and immediately turn it down to 200 Degrees and let it roast for 5 hours without interruption, take it out and if it pulls apart it's done, if not stick it back in the oven in variables of 30 min until it's done.

1 comment: